How to Clean Baking and Cookie Sheets
Whether you have been roasting a lot of veggies or you are merely on a snickerdoodle kick because you have been binging on too many TV shows about culinary competitions, sending the oven into overdrive may result in your baking sheets appearing downright gross. Thankfully, cleaning cooking sheets that are coated in grease is a snap! Here, we’ll learn how to clean baking sheets — and how to keep them from becoming gross again.
How to Clean Cookie Sheets that have Baked-On Grease Utilizing Ammonia
This handy do-it-yourself won’t just clean the baking sheet, it might also help remove grime from the inside of the oven.
You will need:
- Dishwashing liquid
- Dishwashing gloves
- Microfiber cloths
- A non-scratch scouring pad
- A small bowl
- ½ cup of ammonia
- Be certain the oven is off and cool.
- Pour ammonia inside the bowl. Set it on the top rack of the oven.
- Put the greasy cookie sheet on the oven’s bottom rack.
- Shut the oven door and allow it to sit overnight.
- When the morning arrives, put on your gloves. Use the water and non-scratch pad to clean your baking sheet.
- Normally wash the sheet using water and dish soap.
- The ammonia might’ve loosened up a ton of the oily remnants from dinners past on your oven walls or door; therefore, take time to wipe these down using microfiber cloths.
Cleaning Cookie Sheets with Vinegar and Baking Soda
You will need:
- Non-scratch scouring pad
- Clean kitchen sink
- ½ c. baking soda
- ½ c. distilled white vinegar
- Plug in the stopper and fill up the sink with warm water.
- Blend the vinegar and baking soda with water.
- Submerge the cookie sheet as much as you can. If you have a big pan, you might need to clean half at one time.
- Allow the pan to sit for thirty minutes to one hour. It ought to loosen anything that is baked on.
- Softly scrub away the baked-on grime with the non-scratch pad.
- If there’s a bigger cookie sheet on-hand, refill your sink with a new batch of the cleaning mix and submerge the dirty part of the pan.
- Repeat steps four and five.
- Hand wash your pan as you usually would and allow it to dry before you put it away.
- Be certain to clean the sink so it does not get smelly.
How to Keep Sheets Looking Great
The key to keeping the cookie sheets from getting dark patches is preventing oils and fats from touching them. The best method of doing this includes lining the pans with aluminum foil, parchment paper, or silicone mats designed especially for baking. One other method of making the cookie sheets last longer includes cleaning them in the sink instead of the dishwasher.
If you do not want to deal with your oven, you do not have to! Oven cleaning is merely one of the multiple specialty services we provide to make your life easier.
For more information on our bonded house cleaning service contact maidRAIDY today!
Join Our Newsletter
322 Springfield Road
Winnipeg, MB R2G 4E8